- What's All the Fuss About Open Access? What Do I Need to Know, and How Does it Benefit Me?
- Join us for a presentation by Pete Binfield (previously the Publisher of PLoS One, and now the Publisher and Co-Founder of PeerJ) as he provides an overview of the current landscape of Open Access publications; highlights some of the more innovative models that are being tested in the marketplace; talks about items such as article level metrics and open peer review, and shows how these new developments can benefit you as both a researcher and author.
- Date: May 29, 2013
Time: 3-4 pm
Place: 1065 Kemper Hall
- Click here for more information about the event.
- On Work: Changing Relations of Value and Labor
- April 19, 2013
- This symposium brings together three scholars to discuss the changing relations of work by addressing how technology, globalization and gender relations influence the way labor and value are constructed today.
- Tour of the Student Community Center
- March 6, 2013
- Stops on the tour include brief information sessions with staff from the following: Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Resource Center; Womens Resources and Research Center; Student Recruitment & Retention Center; Undergraduate Research Center; Cross-Cultural Center
- Fall Reception
- November 29, 2012, Garrison Room at the Memorial Union
- All Staff Program on Resilience in Times of Change by LAUC-D: Thriving through Change.
- May 2012, Shields Library
- Fall Reception
- December 5, 2011, Walter A. Buehler Alumni & Visitors Center, UC Davis, Founders Room
- Lightning Talks: Innovative Tech & Other Tools for Librarians #2
- May 20, 2011 LIR
- Artists Books
- February 4, 2011 LIRThis program featured guest speakers Vicky and Bill Stewart of Vamp & Tramp Booksellers discussing artists books in a program called The Artists Books, More than a pretty container; or When the Goblet Becomes the Wine.
- Body Talk: Learning and Presenting through the Body and Imagination
- Please join Theatre & Dance faculty member Bella Merlin for an engaging presentation in two parts:
- Part 1: Embodied Teaching and Transformative Learning
- Part 2: Presenting with Confidence: How Actor-Training can Help Us All!
- When: Tuesday, June 9th from 10:30am-11:45am
- Where: Library Instruction Room (2nd floor Shields Library)
- Light refreshments will be served.
- Co-sponsored by the LAUC-D Program Commitee and the Instruction Liaisons Group.
- How Wikipedia Works: or, How not to Write a Book
- Phoebe Ayers
- February 25, 1:30-3:00 pm
- 2nd floor Library Instruction Room, Shields Library
- LAUC-D Grant Recipients Roundtable
- Friday, November 13th 2008, 11:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Peter J. Shields Library, 2nd Floor Instruction Room
- LAUC-D Reception: Wednesday, October 29 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Summer conference roundup brownbag
- Tuesday, July 3rd
- Rescheduled NRLF Tour.
- Tuesday, July 10th
- Blaisdell Medical Library Tour
- Tuesday, July 24th
- LAUC Fall Assembly 2006